• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Executor's rights

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

afmom1

What is the name of your state? WV
My aunt died 3 years ago and we are going before a judge next month to settle her estate. This has to be done because she didn't have her new will signed and they are using her old will. The man she chose as executor was not a family member, only a friend that helped her with her finances. We didn't mind this but this man has had cleaning people in her house in the last year and yesterday he was there with a member of his family. Is he allowed to take anyone in the house since we are not allowed in? How do we know that these people didn't take things? Before he was appointed executor, he had an appraiser in there for 2 days. Should I say anything to him about this? Thanks for your help.

JETX

"Is he allowed to take anyone in the house since we are not allowed in?"
*** Yes.

"How do we know that these people didn't take things?"
*** You don't. Buy why do you think that they did??

"Should I say anything to him about this?"
*** If you want to, go ahead.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">