• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Executor's rights

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

pistola82

California and florida

My girlfriends father is the executor of her grandparents estate and has told her that if she continues to see me, that he will quit sending her the trust checks from the estate. Can he do that, or is that just a scare tactic that can be fought?
Thank you in advance for any help you can give me.

Dandy Don

So how would he know or care whether she was seeing you or not?

No, this is just a scare tactic--if he were to stop sending her checks then she could sue to recover the monies--that is a breach of fiduciary duty.

pistola82

Well, they are very close, except for the fact that as long as she does as he says, she will get her checks, and I told her that I did not think that was allowed by law. Thanks for clearing this up for me. It is very helpful.

Dandy Don said:
So how would he know or care whether she was seeing you or not?

No, this is just a scare tactic--if he were to stop sending her checks then she could sue to recover the monies--that is a breach of fiduciary duty.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">