• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Executorship and Power of Attorney

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Carol Chavez

What is the name of your state? Oklahoma

My Dad just passed away. My Mother has appointed as Power of Attorney and Executor my brother. My brother is recently remarried to a law office manager and her son is an attorney. My Mother has let them view her will. I am disturbed over this. I know his wife will actually be doing all the work and will have great influence. Wife and her son are not in the will. I am sure they are looking to see how they can inherit should my brother pass away, however.
Can grandchildren be protected in the event my brother passed away and everything went to the new wife, would his children from a previous marriage be protected and mine as well?

Can an executor or power of attorney change a will, or pilfer the money away?

My brother's wife is domineering and bossy. She calls the shots. She might also be vengeful if crossed. Should I be concerned? Is my inheritance at stake? She can be an influence on my brother and will actually do all the work of executorship and power of attorney.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">