• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

executrix fee and labor

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

H

hilo2

here in ky, the court allows a 5% executrix fee for the handling of an estate.my mother died and left her house to my younger sister and me (50-50).my sister was designated executrix.after the funeral,my husband and i(who are senior citizens-both retired two years ago),felt like we wern't wanted to be around (understandably) but we did share expenses up until the house was sold.The money was put ino an estate account in my sister's name.there was approximately 65 grand.she is claiming 3800.00 for her executrix duties plus 8000.00 for labor of boxing and sorting and distributing mother's items to various family members things that were not listed in the will.for a small 3 bedroom house,she did have a lot of small items of "junk". she claims she and her husband spent 900 hrs.of labor in preparing the articles to giveaway. there were no cars,no stock, no bonds no money,just the house and contents. my question is..how will a judge look at this if we go to court. i understand that it will be costly and maybe lenghtly but my sister and brother-in-law are pulling a bluff i feel..is it legal to charge an executrix fee plus labor fee to dispose of the articles? isn't this double-charging?...confused.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">