• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

family trust

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

wellwhadayaknow

What is the name of your state? Wisconsin,but the trust is in Texas,originally written in Wisconsin.There are three surviving heirs to my father's estate.The sibling that is the executor says nobody has a right to see the trust,according to Texas law.Earlier we were told we would receive one.So my question is,"Do I as a surviving heir have a right to a copy of the living trust?"What is the name of your state?

What is the name of your state? Wisconsin,but the trust is in Texas,originally written in Wisconsin.There are three surviving heirs to my father's estate.The sibling that is the executor says nobody has a right to see the trust,according to Texas law.Earlier we were told we would receive one.So my question is,"Do I as a surviving heir have a right to a copy of the living trust?"What is the name of your state?
You state your sibling is the executor. So that begs the question: who is the trustee (the person managing the trust) of the trust?

Dandy Don

Talk to a local trust attorney about this. Is it possible that you may not have been named as a beneficiary in the trust, because somehow brother exerted undue influence to be named as the only beneficiary? It you are not named as a beneficiary you are not entitled to see the copy of the trust. If you are named you need to see what Texas state law says about this.

DANDY DON IN OKLAHOMA ([email protected])

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">