• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Father died, I get old house & big mortgage that I don't want, can anyone assume it?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cersa

Father died, I get old house & big mortgage that I don't want, can anyone assume it?

What is the name of your state? Louisiana.

My father in law died and my husband has assumed the house.
This old house was refiananced 3 times and the payof is 65,000.
We do not want this house, is there a way for us to "give" this mortgage and house to someone that is willing to take over the payments??

Its on the market now. and no one is interested. The house is in terrible shape. We were just asking for the pay off amount. and the house is not worth that.

But I know someone that is willing to take over the notes and fix it it as they live in it. Is this possible??

Any ideas?? Thanks
Angel

rmet4nzkx

Ask your real estate agent re this type of sale, but you will also have to make sure that this is allowed under the estate.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">