• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Father had no will....

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Steps

What is the name of your state? Texas. My Father's residence was in Idaho, he passed away in a Utah Hospital.

My Father had been married to my step mom for 15 years. He had no will. All he did before he went to Utah hospitals was take myself and my two brothers into his room to go through some of his stuff (mostly firearms). He told all 3 of us that he wanted us to get along and agree on who would get what and that he wanted us to have them.

It has been almost a year now and everytime we mention getting anything from our step mom she freaks out. So far my oldest brother (29) has received a baseball cap, my younger brother (23) got a watch, and I got two rings and two watches. He had Ham radio equipment, reloading equipment, many things we are interested in. She has mentioned selling these things etc. He also had pictures of our family that I would like his sons to get as well.

They had long time family friends in Utah and he told one of them the same thing he told us and made her promise she would help us get these items. She has been unsuccessful talking with my Step mom as well.

Is there anything we can possibly do to get some of those things he wanted us to have?

Thank you.

Steps

No we have not.

None of us are very savy to any of this at all. I am not even sure what filing probate means, and I apologize for my ignorance.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">