• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

father had no will

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

keyj11

my son's father was killed in an auto accident june 24th.
he had no will. The women he lived with refuses to turn over he belonging. my son's father has nothing of major value, but my son still wants his personal stuff. I live in new york state. please help.

ALawyer

Your son also MAY have a wrongful death claim if there is anyone else at fault -- the other driver, the auto manufacturer, the tire manufacturer. He - or you-- should see a lawyer who does accident and wrongful death cases.

As for the rights to the property, it requires your son, or someone acting on his behalf, to seek to be appoined Administrator of his estate in Surrogates Court in the county in which he resided. Then the court will order return of the property taken.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">