• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Father owns house we live in.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

linda59

New Jersey
The house my husband and I live in is in my fathers name,There is a mortgage on this property and we faithfully make the mortgage payments each month. My husband And I run our business out of our home which we have invested alot of money into this.I am 1 of 5 sisters,my father gave me my share of the estate already,Meaning the house we are living in.My father has no will.My father did write up a letter stating that in case of death that the property that I reside in will be my share of the estate.Will his letter hold up? Does this need to be notorized? If anything should happen to my father does my house become part of the estate which has to be divided up among the rest of the family? Should he have the deed turned over into my name?

In need of help!!!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">