• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Father's Trust

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sandman_6472

What is the name of your state? Florida

I found out last year that I am a beneficiary of a trust that my grandpa left in my dad's name. It was only after my mom died in late 2005 that all this came about. I was left nothing from my mom's estate and had to get an attorney to go against my 3 siblings to get some shares of stock that were due me on her death. I had to hire an attorney to get these shares.
My mom got the interest from this trust and could use 5% a year from the principal. Within the last 3 weeks, my older sister died, so now there are only 3 children left from my dad.
I've written my eldest sibling about getting a copy of this trust and to also find out what's been happening with all the checks since my mom's death. The trustee, an uncle, resigned last year and my mom's attorney says I have to get this stuff from my siblings. My letters have been ignored.
Short of getting an attorney, what options do I have here? I have no idea how much is in this trust or what it exactly says. Also, with my sisters death, does this trust get split in 3rd's or does 1/4 go to her estate for her family? Also, if I do end up getting an attorney, can I get them to pay my legal expenses, since they have a fiduciary obligation to me as a beneficiary.
I'm so confused about all this. There has been almost no communication with the siblings for many years now and all I want is a copy of what the trust says and eventually my 1/3 or 1/4 of the money in the trust. HELP!!!!!
My e-mail is [email protected] if anyone would care to help with this nasty situation. Thanks in advance to anyone who can help me with this problem. :confused:What is the name of your state?

seniorjudge

Short of getting an attorney, what options do I have here?

Since no one is willing to work with you, getting an attorney seems to be the only option.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">