• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Fear and loathing

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

highanddry

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
Massachusetts
My sister (older) was named as the trustee and executor of my mothers will/trust out of fear. My sister is very abusive (physically and mentally) and my mother named her out of fear and what my sister could do to her if she named myself or brother instead. All who know my sister is aware of this as my mother stated it to all who would listen. My mom has passed and now the controlling and abuse of power has begun by my sister against myself and my brother, the only other heirs.
Is there anything I can do about this? Is there anyway to contest the trust or her position of trustee and executor of the will?

curb1

Do you have a copy of the will and the trust? What is your sister doing that is outside of the directions of the will and trust?

highanddry

fear and loathing

No. Both my older siblings were named on the trust and I was not. Her "illegal" actions amount to the total removal of items from the home as she states "it is mine, the house belongs to me." I am unable to get anything that was once mine, was told I could have by my mother or anything that had belonged to my father. She had a different father so technically she is my half sister. I can't even find out who the lawyer is that is probating the will. She arranged the trust to include the home in which my mother lived along with bank accounts. Would the will have to be updated after the trust was created?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">