• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Fees to Settle an Estate in Nebraska

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

Dan Johnson

I'm the personal representitive of my mother's estate. the assets in her estate have a value of approximately $650,000. the assets are comprised of a house, a mutual fund, a bond account and some cash. her assets are to be transfered to a trust. if any of the assets need to be sold I will handle the sale and/or valuation of the assets. the attorney handling her estate has indicated that he will charge 2% of the value of the estate to do the legal work which includes filing the estate return.a 2% fee seems excessive for what should be a very clean estate. she was a resident of Nebraska. thank you for your thoughts.

[Edited by Dan Johnson on 06-27-2001 at 10:56 PM]

A

advisor10

JUNE 28, 2001

EXECUTOR FEES IN NEBRASKA:
"Reasonable Compensation". You would need to speak with a local probate attorney to get a more specific idea of what this rate is.

2% would be a justifiable fee to do this estate work, but are you both going to claim percentage fees for doing the work of personal representative, or is the work the attorney is doing considered separate from what you are doing? You could probably get a lower rate by asking around for a second opinion from other attorneys. If you decide to go ahead with this attorney, you would have the advantage of being able to consult him on any questions you have about the probate process.

SINCERELY,

[email protected]

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">