• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

filing notice of death in newspaper

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cathy4me

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Illinois is my state and my question is.does a legal notice have to be placed in our newspaper a second time if an administrator position changes.Situaition is my wife's cousin passed away and a neighbor was court appointed and a will was found app:3 months later requesting me to be execuator in the will also leaving everything to my wife and myself.Do all claims have to be filed within the 6 month period including care taker claims?For the estate to completely setteled.Thank you Chad

anteater

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Illinois is my state and my question is.does a legal notice have to be placed in our newspaper a second time if an administrator position changes.
You asked this before - one month ago - and received one reply. I really doubt that there has been an influx of Illinois probate attorneys here since then.

Do all claims have to be filed within the 6 month period including care taker claims?
Sec. 18‑3. Notice ‑ Publication. (a) It is the duty of the representative to publish once each week for 3 successive weeks, and to mail or deliver to each creditor of the decedent whose name and post office address are known to or are reasonably ascertainable by the representative and whose claim has not been allowed or disallowed as provided in Section 18‑11, a notice stating the death of the decedent, the name and address of the representative and of his attorney of record, that claims may be filed on or before the date stated in the notice, which date shall be not less than 6 months from the date of the first publication or 3 months from the date of mailing or delivery, whichever is later, and that any claim not filed on or before that date is barred.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">