• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Fixing my grandma's will

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

lexers75

My grandma lives in California. She and my grandpa changed their will 1 1/2 yrs ago, before my grandma died. They changed the heir to my uncle and removed all the grandchildren and my mother (only 1 heir instead of 9).

My uncle is now sole heir. I do not trust him. I believe he pressured my grandma into willing everything to him by threatening not to take care of her. He sold her house and she nows lives in an assisted living community. She is not physically or mentally well. He has tried to make her believe that my mom has threatened to hurt her, so my mom is scared to do anything.
My grandma did tell my mom 2 days ago that my uncle pressured her into changing the will, but since she suffers from demensia, I don't know what we can do.

I am not concerned so much about being taken out of the will, but I am concerned about my mom. What do we need to do to change this? Would the court find it suspicious that my grandparents for no reason changed the will from 9 people to one? A copy of the will is being sent to me because my uncle is trying to have the court become conservator and I want to do anything possible to foil my uncle's plans. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thank you.

ALawyer

Read the sections on FreeAdvice.com about wills, probate and trusts. There may be grounds to challange it, but that's a question of fact. If grandma can't care for herself, someone has to do it. If you're mom is concerned or suspicious, she'll need a lawyer to advise her.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">