• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

FL Homestead Law + Property Interest

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

G

greenleaf01

What is the name of your state? Florida
In 1995 my father passed away and left me his home. The will states that he devise and bequeath me his property, address, subject to a life estate to his wife in fee forever. The will further states that the purpose of this provision is to clarify the passing of his homestead property pursuant to Florida Law and for determination of homestead property outside of his las will and testament. After some research I have found that my stepmother has renewed her drivers license in another county with a different address. Her daughter currently resides in the house and the utilities are still in stepmothers name. I understood that if she moves the remaining interest goes to me. In other words it becomes my house. Is this correct? How do I take steps to get the daughter out of the house? Is having her license renewed with a different address enough proof? I have no clue as to what steps to take at this point.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">