• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

forced to sell

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

attitudeadj

i live in texas, my mom passed on 9/2001 me and my sister (which lives in OK.) are both executors over the estate there were 3 properties involved, the 22 acres and a conv store (we had sold on a notes) we had just foreclosed on both of these and got them back, we also have a house on 12 ac. which we grew up in that my father had built before he died. the will was kept the same as my father wished, everything went to my mom then she left everything to me and my sister, about 1 1/2 years before my mom passed on she got real sick and me and my girl friend had to move in to care for my mom, my mom had seen my sisters greed for money and heard she was going to force me to sell the properties cas she had no use for them seems she no longer lives in texas, so my mom changed the will to read my sister got the 22 ac. (and changed the things that was going to me to my sons names cas of a judgment pending against myself) so the house was changed to my son along with the conv store. the atty. was going to make a seperate agreement for (me/my son being the same here out) to pay my sister half the value of the house at 250.00 or 300.00 & 2 percent int. my sister got mad and dident speak to none of us for 6 months, finally I convinced her cas of my mom getting worse that she needed to make peace, she then convinced my mom I was out to screw her over and she changed the will again about 8 months prior to her death promising us she would not make us sell the house. she left my sister the 22ac. and the conv store to my son and the house to my sister and my son. now she has hired a lawyer to send me a letter to vacate within 60 days which has passed (a scare letter) my son just turned 21 yrs old and still lives with me (has for the last 8 years) she wants me to pay her half or move out. this is all against my mothers wishes and I dont want to loose the house in fact they will have to remove me by force (and i mean force) but I can not get financing right now for credit reasons and my son in to young and haven’t got any credit at all. can she make me sell or move out? if so is there anyway to stop her? or at least stall her a year or so? will the court make me move out? I have been the only 1 in the last 10 years to take care of everything for my mom and this house she has done nothing she wouldent even come down to help care for her. also the car my mom had has a loan at the bank, she has the car & supp to be making the pmts. we agreed she would handle paying the bills of the estate but have not provided me any documentation or balances to date. the house was in a great deal of repair which i have been doing along with paying for out of my pocket? 1 of the things that my sister is upset about and my fiance had split up over us moving in and caring for my mom because and only because my sister keept giving us greif and would not help what so ever that she moved out but we got back together right before my mom passed away, well my sister doesent want her living here in this house and i tell her where she can go. (HE?L)

sorry this is so long but i wanted to let you know all of the details. thank you..

Last edited:

ALawyer

The story is too long and complex to focus on.

BUT if your sister has a lawyer, you need one too. FAST. That lawyer will be able to assist you to figure this out and come up with a strategy to deal with her.

A

attitudeadj

QUICK VERISON

TX, the short ver. my sister and i were left the house 50/50, i live in it and it has been my residence for the past 2 years taking care of our mom before she passed, she is tring to force me to sell cas she wants money. she hired a lawyer to send me a letter only! for now. she is awaiting my answer to see if i will agree to sell and move out. im not, i want to keep the house...please advise me if
1. she can force me to sell?
2. move out?
3. will the court make her accept payments from me?
4. what can i do to delay the process?

im need advise please!!!!

A

attitudeadj

QUICK VERISON

TX, the short ver. my sister and i were left the house 50/50, i live in it and it has been my residence for the past 2 years taking care of our mom before she passed, she is tring to force me to sell cas she wants money. she hired a lawyer to send me a letter only! for now. she is awaiting my answer to see if i will agree to sell and move out. im not, i want to keep the house...please advise me if
1. she can force me to sell?
2. move out?
3. will the court make her accept payments from me?
4. what can i do to delay the process?

im need advise please!!!!

ALawyer

If the house was left to you 50-50 she is within her rights to have it sold and the money divided among you.

Of course you could offer to BUY the other half of the house from her (via the estate). You'd come up with the fair market value (based on an appraisal) and pay her half less half of the likely brokers commissions and fix up expense for sale.

To buy it you'd use assets you already hold or a portion of any other assets you'd get from the estate, or by putting a mortgage on the premises.

Really, a lawyer can help you get this done, and it is worth it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">