• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Foreclosure on a deceased parties property

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

pippypasco

What is the name of your state? Florida

Can anyone tell me if in Florida a deceased person can be foreclosed upon before their estate is settled. Long story- My mother passed away in 2000 and my grandparents lived with her. My mothers estate has not been settled because of problems with the other beneficiaries ( I have 3 brothers ). My grandparents were not on my mothers house loan, just my mom. My grandfather got behind on the mortgage and now they are sending notes to him about foreclosure and he is scared he will lose the house that he really wants to live in for the rest of his life ( he is 89 ). Please help me if you can. Pippy

Dandy Don

Is the grandparent a beneficiary in the estate?

How much is he behind in payments? Is there someone in the family who could loan him the money (or get a loan from a bank or credit union) to cover the payments until the heirs receive money from the estate?

Ask a local probate lawyer how you can get a check from the estate for emergency purposes (sometimes it can be done).

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">