• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Friend left me in Will, his sister in law challenging it.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sigh144

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida

My friend of 30 yrs who was in his old age decided to move in with me so i can help take care of him. He was old and had trouble getting around but was still mentally fine.

He left me in his will and his sister in law who has an older, out of date will that left her everything is now challenging the new will.

In the old will she gets everything but in his new will she only gets around 25%.

She has no evidence that he was of unsound mind because he wasnt, further she contends that he "started his mental decline" in 2006, the will which left her everything was drawn up in 2007, the new and current will was drawn up in 2009.

She never called (maybe once every few months or so) and never visited at all. She lives in NY, we are in FL. We have witnesses, doctors, friends, stockbrokers who will all testify that he was ok.

The whole thing has me very upset and I was just wondering if anyone with any experience dealing with this could give me some tips and pointers on what to expect.

I have a lawyer, he says everything looks good. But it is still very nerveracking. I have to assume it is hard to overturn his last will simply because his sister in law isnt happy with how much he left her.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Duplicate Post: https://forum.freeadvice.com/probate-personal-representatives-114/friend-left-me-will-sister-law-challenging-561774.html

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">