• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Funding A Revocable Living Trust

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Free1Eagle

What is the name of your state? Maryland, Prince George's County

What do I need to do to transfer into my "revocable living trust" my home/land title/deed?What is the name of your state?

FlyingRon

You (or perhaps someone with experience) prepare a deed granting from you to you as trustee of your trust (which presumably you are). Sign it, notarize it, and file it at the court house. Usually a lawyer or title company can prepare the document, have the notary available at the signing, and then file it for you.

curb1

Free1Eagle,
In our county/state it is very easy to transfer the ownership of real estate to the trust. The exact wording that our attorney gave us was:

"John Doe" and "Jane Doe", Co-Trustees or successors of the "Doe Family Trust" dated the 14th day of May, 1992, "John Doe and "Jane Doe", Trustor.

Then do a standard "Bargain and Sale Deed".

Know all men by these presents, John Doe, hereinafter referred to as "Grantor", for the consideration herinafter stated, does hereby grant, bargain,, sell and convey unto John Doe and Jane Doe, Trustee of the "Doe Family Trust" created by Revocable Living Trust Agreement for Joint Trustors, dated 14th day of May, 1992 ******************************************......"

Then a standard Bill of Sale that transfers ownership of personal belongings to the trust.

Then go to the courthouse and make the change. There will be a change fee most likely at the courthouse and also with the Department of Motor Vehicles for automobiles.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">