• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Funeral arrangement

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

gabbie10

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? OKLAHOMA

My problem is that my husband and I have been married for 23 years. He has two grown children out on their own one married with kids. I have four which are all married with families. We have helped his son start his own business and have made bank payments for him and he has never offered to pay back.

My question is since he has children and grandchildren and I am his second wife am I totally responsible for his funeral arrangements? Or can he make a WILL stating that he wants his children to pay for his funeral since they are legally his next of kin.
gabbie

Proserpina

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? OKLAHOMA

My problem is that my husband and I have been married for 23 years. He has two grown children out on their own one married with kids. I have four which are all married with families. We have helped his son start his own business and have made bank payments for him and he has never offered to pay back.

My question is since he has children and grandchildren and I am his second wife am I totally responsible for his funeral arrangements? Or can he make a WILL stating that he wants his children to pay for his funeral since they are legally his next of kin.
gabbie

You're legally your husband's next of kin - not the kids.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">