• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

funeral costs

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Blackat5

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Oregon. My sons father passed away recently. My son sold his fathers Harley Davidson to pay off the funeral home. We had received a statement that said 0 amount due. When I called they told me that it must have been a computer glitch, and full amount was still due. They also told me we would receive death cert. in the mail. When we went into funeral home to pay, the death certificate was in the folder. When we called his fathers family to let them know bill was paid, we were informed that they already knew because funeral home had reimbursed his fathers credit card with amount paid. They totally lied to us. Is this legal?

divona2000

...we called his fathers family to let them know bill was paid, we were informed that they already knew because funeral home had reimbursed his fathers credit card with amount paid...
Who used father's credit card to pay for fathers funeral?

nextwife

Was your son in title to the Harley? If not, how could he sell it? Has probate been filed? Who is the personal rep? Is there a will? Was the Harley bequeathed to anyone? Was it free of liens?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">