• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Grandma dead & Dad In jail 4 Childsupport

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

O

omh

My daughter's (13yrs old ) grandma & pa dies afew years apart. We heard there's a will but she is estranged from other her family & friends. We don't have any of her information Her dad is adopted and she is his only blood relative. People have taken things from the home while her dad was in jail. I don't know where to begin to try and help my daughter. She's owed over $20,000.00 in back child support. She had not even gotten a picture of her grand ma they were all taken.

Somebody dropped off a key to my daughter for her grandma's house (at school telling her to hurry and get over there) Some one's living in the home & we don't know whom.

I don't want to be arrested for tresspassing! What to do.

dmode101

Dad may be entitled to a portion grandma/pa's estate. If so, his daughter may be able to make a claim on part of the inheritance to cover his back child support. You might want to contact an attorney for your daughter to sort it out. Good luck.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">