• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Grandma has been abused

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

1betterlife

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? State of Michigan

My Grandma and I set up a Living Trust 20 years ago. I have been living out of State for some time but have always taken care of Grandma over the years. This past year she has went down hill not being able walk. Over the phone she was telling me she was fine. When I got a weird feeling I showed up and found everything to be a mess. We had some people I thought was friends that tried and have succeeded at taking over after all the years of everything running smooth. Money Property all gone. The biggest thing is now they got the money there long gone. Grandma said she would sit sometimes for 3 days no food.

They have coached my grandma into selling half her property and giving them the money. They told her she would loose her help from nurses and care takers if she had any money. Now they are claiming she gave the money to them in the amount of 30,000. Not to mention was taking my Grandmothers personal checking account that her retirement check went into to purchase 3 in just 2 days 40LB Dog food, grease gun, hunting boots and many other misc items a 85 year old women would not be using. (She has no dog). In there defence we put there name on the check book to help her get Food pay bils. No deposits was ever made to the account from them.

I know we can change the trust back and Grandma realizes she has been taken advantage of, but what can I do to recover any loss. This can be legal. Who do I involve without spending thousands of attorney fees.

The guy who purchased the property came to her bed side with this couple and did not even pay The right value for the land. Can I contest any of this or am I am my family just out of luck? Thank You for any help.

Please know I have now moved back to take care of Grandma full time like she deserves. She is starting to walk a little and get around more. She has all her sences besides not using leg muscles. Thanks for anyone who can help.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

curb1

Who are "they"? How did your Grandma and you set up a trust together? Were you a trustee? Who was the trustee of the trust?

1betterlife

Trustee

Yes I was the trustee for over 19 yrs. Grandma changed everything over to them . Them were people we thought was friends of the family. Now they have taken all her money and was working on taking our family home. I am glad I at least have that stopped.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">