• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

grandma in nursing homr against will

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

alisoncorinne

What is the name of your state? MICHIGAN

Hi. Making a long story short, my grandma has been in a nursing home for the past year. she was living with us beforehand. my greedy aunt had her put in there because she made accusations against our family, saying that we were harming her. now it is in the courts hands. my grandma just wants to come home. she hired a lawyer, but it appears as though the judge is biased and is hiring all of her own people to take care of her, so they can run my grandmas trust down. she appointed a guardian and conservator, and they have spent close to 70k of my grandmas money in a mere 6 months. we can't get a new judge, can we? the judge we have is the only one that handles this sort of thing in our county, so i'm wondering if we can somehow change it so they dont have jursidiction. my grandma is not an incapacitated individual. she is healthy and she is scared. it looks as though if we dont get a new judge, she will be there for life. i want to file a petition, but i dont know how. these accusations are false. they have not been proven, but they arent taking that into account. they are limiting when we can see her, when i know thats illegal.

help!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">