• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Grandmother died, no will.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

hdotpdot

he D.F.F. is the friend attractive girls bring with them, because the D.F.F. is unattractive, so in terms of relativity (see even hot chicks use einstein) the hot chick looks even hotter.

Last edited:

LdiJ

Hi. I just got a visit from a police officer. He informed me that my Grandma died this evening (drowned in her pool). She wasn't married and her only son, my dad, also passed away a couple years ago. What happens if she didn't write a will? I am 1 of her 3 grandkids and only 2 of us live here in the united states. What happens to her belongings and her house? I live in the state of connecticut. and how do I go about this?
If she has enough assets to make it worthwhile, you could hire a probate attorney to help you get appointed as the administrator of her estate, and then you would go about settling her debts and liquidating her estate, and then distributing any remainder to the three grandchildren equally.

nextwife

Is anyone making funeral arrangments? That is where any of her money should go first.

How can you KNOW she had no will if you have not been through her house looking? First porder of business is likely a trip to her home to look through (but not disturb) her house for papers and the will to determine what's to be done. She may indeed have a will, and she may even have preplanned, and perhaps prepaid for a funeral, or her wishes some other way proclaimed.

Last edited:

justalayman

well, I guess he didn't like my first response which was to have some respect. Seriously, she just passed. I would think the first thing one would think of would be; what do we do with grandma. Not; what do we do with grandma's estate.

But once OP settles down:

if they live to where they can visit the area of grandma's house easily, they should contact the police to be sure they are finished with their investigation. Then they should secure the home. (cops have been known to leave a home unlocked).

Then OP can start investigating the situation. Was grandma ever married? If so, what happened to the spouse?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">