• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Grandmother passed away No will

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

reynold21

What is the name of your state? Texas
I am unsure if this is the right place to post this but my grandmother recently passed away with no will. She wanted my father to have her house. Now he wants to sell it but the problem is my father's brother and wife moved in a couple of weeks before she died and now they are trying to claim the house for themselves and have refused to sell the house and do not want to split any of her belongings. They want it all. Is there anyway to sell the house without there consent and without getting taken to court or some way to get the deed changed over to my father's name then sell ?

moburkes

What is the name of your state? Texas
I am unsure if this is the right place to post this but my grandmother recently passed away with no will. She wanted my father to have her house. Now he wants to sell it but the problem is my father's brother and wife moved in a couple of weeks before she died and now they are trying to claim the house for themselves and have refused to sell the house and do not want to split any of her belongings. They want it all. Is there anyway to sell the house without there consent and without getting taken to court or some way to get the deed changed over to my father's name then sell ?
Neither of them will be able to do what they want to do. There are specific laws which pertain to how assets are distributed when a person dies without a will. Her intentions actually mean nothing since she didn't put those intentions in writing.

Sorry about your grandmother. I will look up the statutes for you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">