• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Grandmother passing

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

billt

Missouri:
My grandmother recently passed away of which I am the executor of the will. She had a will prepared and listed her 3 children and myself as splitting the house that she owned outright at the time. In April, she sold her house and deposited the proceeds into a checking account of which I was a Joint Tenant with Right of Survivorship. The monies have been gradually being moved into a investment account which has the same ownership setup. The will mentioned only the house arrangement and the attorney explained and she understood that I would become owner of the accounts if anything happened to her. She said fine. I am getting ready to go into the will this week and wanted to know what to expect from my father and my two aunts. They provided minimal care and she was my responsibility for many years. They have already been asking about when the attorney was going be contacted. What should I be prepared for and what are my options? Thanks in advance.

ALawyer

This is not an easy one as a lawyer would have to look at the Will and the other documents to advise you, and I hav eno idea of what state you are in or what the deceased's mental state was at the time of the documents and transfers.

Find a good probate or estate planning lawyer and have the papers reviewed by that lawyer. Then you'll be in a position to know and advse others.

Ask the lawyer to outlione all possibilities to you before you tell everyone anything. So the firstthing to do is say you are going to see a lawyer, NOW. And do it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">