• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Grandmother's trust

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

wantoknow9

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California
My father died when I was young my grandmother was wealthy and I was told she had been putting money away for me for years over 250k and that I also would inherit half of her estate and that there was a trust set up. She died with dementia and my Dad's brother became in charge of her estate. While he did pay for my college he then claimed that the money set aside for me was "all gone". We are estranged and I do not have any documents except 2 that I recently found one from last year that says that my grandmother's "revocable trust" still exists she passed away 10 years ago. Is there a legal way for me to see this trust? dated 1991 when she was alive to see what happened to the money I was supposed to receive?

tranquility

Probably. See an attorney. There is nothing you yourself will be able to do. (There is not a secret word you say and get access.) You have to find out the facts in a legal way. You need an attorney.

curb1

Did grandmother have any real estate? If so you might check to see the title history. You might also check to see if the trust was recorded at the courthouse.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">