• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Grandparents Death

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

peggydoodle

My Grandfather passed away about 7 months ago (June 11,2000), and My 5 Brothers and Sisters are concerned about how our mother handeled the probation of the will. We were told that we could not do anything about the will at first and then we were told that we could not do anything until the probation time was up. Come to find out, She did not list half of his possesions. My grandmother had passed away in 1992 leaving everything in the estate to Gradndaddy. My father was an only child and had passed away in 1989. My mother was not married to my father when he passed away but made herself the executor of his estate. She had also had my granddady make her the power of attorney on his checking accounts. The will was made to include my mother and 6 children. There was a considerable amount of money involved in this estate, but when the probation period was up there was not any money. We were not notified of a reading or even that it had been probated. I believe that granddady had also given my mother and stepfather 2 differnet loans in the past year or two amounting to about $120,000.00. This was at a time when granddaddy was not well(He was 89 years old and in bad health). What I would like to know is there anything we can do, as the grandchildren, to find out what realy was probated and if we have been duped by our on Mother(who was not related to our granddaddy)?
Additional information, I live in Alabama. I do not know if we can do anything about this, but I would Like to Know.

[Edited by peggydoodle on 01-19-2001 at 09:58 PM]

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">