• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Greedy Sister In Law excludes siblings children

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Suzette37

What is the name of your state? WI

Is there anything that can be done about a daughter helping her mother to change her parents will in her favor? My father-in-law was just legally pronounced mentally incapacited and has all his rights have been taken away. Since then the very greedy yet favorite daughter is having Mom change her will so that when her brother and sister die any properties her brother and sister have inherited by that time will go back to the trust and to her two daughters. My husband is the only son and we have two children together (his blood children). The estate is probably worth approx 2 - 3 mil. Up until this time the kids Grandma never led us to believe that she hated us or our children so much that she would do this them. In fact all summer she had been picking my daughter up from work and spending time with her. She had been helping our son to pay for flight lessons. Now she is cutting out the flying lessons stating she can't afford them but is sending this favorite daughter and her daughter's friend to Hawaii for two months. They have property in Hawaii and the daughters friend is a paralegal invited under the pretense of "helping with the estate" in Hawaii just like she has been helping in Wisconsin. Please advise.

seniorjudge

Suzette37 said:
What is the name of your state? WI

Is there anything that can be done about a daughter helping her mother to change her parents will in her favor? My father-in-law was just legally pronounced mentally incapacited and has all his rights have been taken away. Since then the very greedy yet favorite daughter is having Mom change her will so that when her brother and sister die any properties her brother and sister have inherited by that time will go back to the trust and to her two daughters. My husband is the only son and we have two children together (his blood children). The estate is probably worth approx 2 - 3 mil. Up until this time the kids Grandma never led us to believe that she hated us or our children so much that she would do this them. In fact all summer she had been picking my daughter up from work and spending time with her. She had been helping our son to pay for flight lessons. Now she is cutting out the flying lessons stating she can't afford them but is sending this favorite daughter and her daughter's friend to Hawaii for two months. They have property in Hawaii and the daughters friend is a paralegal invited under the pretense of "helping with the estate" in Hawaii just like she has been helping in Wisconsin. Please advise.

Sounds like it's time for a lawyer.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">