• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

heirs and wills

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

marsea1

What is the name of your state? california
MY QUESTION : IS POSSIBLE THAT SOMEONE COULD HAVE, EXAMPLE [STOCKS AND BONDS ETC.] AND NOT SPECIFIED THEM IN THE WILL? WHAT CATEGORY WOULD THEY COME UNDER? ALSO ,HOW WOULD ONE GO ABOUT FINDING OUT THAT TYPE OF INFO. I HAVE COPY OF THE WILL THAT I AM QUESTIONING, IT DOESNT MENTION ANYTHING DIRECTLY ABOUT STOCKS, BONDS,OR INSURANCE POLICIES. BUT I WAS TOLD BY A FAMILY MEMBER THAT THERE WAS ,[ SHE IS ON A CRUISE RIGHT NOW, GO FIGURE.] ANY FEED BACK WOULD BE HELPFUL.

nextwife

Please do NOT type in all caps.

It is considered shouting on the net, and we don't like to have you shout at us.

Dandy Don

Yes it is possible that there would be assets not mentioned in the will.

If the stocks and bonds do not have designated beneficiaries they will be added into the estate. The life insurance policies probably name beneficiaries and therefore will be most likely paid outside of the estate, but if there are no beneficiaries listed they will go into the estate. These are matters for the executor to handle, not the beneficiaries.

DANDY DON IN OKLAHOMA ([email protected])

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">