• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

help with drafting a will

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

seagoing

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida.Im 53,2 grown children 23 and 27,neither married.I am divorced with intent to marry a woman 7 yrs older in a couple yrs.I own my home ,no mort.I am retired on a disability from Fire Dept.my disability dies with me,I have $50000 in the bank,no debts,50,000 in life ins.home worth $700,000.I plan on living for many yrs.Im healthy.My intended has a retirement and will soon be getting Social security. I need a will.My desire is to leave almost everthing to my kids.However,should I go before my intended ,I dont want to leave her out.My thought is to give her a life estate in the home ,and somehow devide the little cash I have between intended and kids.My intended has no assets other than her pension and SS.She has a grown daughter with great job = income.I am looking for some advice and suggestions on how to draft a will. Thanks

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida.Im 53,2 grown children 23 and 27,neither married.I am divorced with intent to marry a woman 7 yrs older in a couple yrs.I own my home ,no mort.I am retired on a disability from Fire Dept.my disability dies with me,I have $50000 in the bank,no debts,50,000 in life ins.home worth $700,000.I plan on living for many yrs.Im healthy.My intended has a retirement and will soon be getting Social security. I need a will.My desire is to leave almost everthing to my kids.However,should I go before my intended ,I dont want to leave her out.My thought is to give her a life estate in the home ,and somehow devide the little cash I have between intended and kids.My intended has no assets other than her pension and SS.She has a grown daughter with great job = income.I am looking for some advice and suggestions on how to draft a will. Thanks
I STRONGLY advise that you see the assistance of a local attorney. Sure, you can get forms online...but you do have enough complexity that you really should have an expert work with you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">