• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Help i need advice asap

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lopezzfamily

We think that my grandmother was supposed to receive money from her mother when she passed due to the selling of her owned properties. Is there any way to find out if she was supposed to receive money? Where would I go to find this out? It would be in L.A. county. Please if anyone knows the answer to this I would really appreciate it. Thank you!

Silverplum

We think that my grandmother was supposed to receive money from her mother when she passed due to the selling of her owned properties. Is there any way to find out if she was supposed to receive money? Where would I go to find this out? It would be in L.A. county. Please if anyone knows the answer to this I would really appreciate it. Thank you!
When did her mother pass away?

LA County...California?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
What is the urgency?

When did your great-grandmother pass? Where did your great-grandmother pass? Did your great-grandmother have a will? ...a trust?

ETA: Was your great-grandmother married at the time she passed?

tranquility

The only way to find out is to describe all the facts about why the money was to be transferred. If a will, go to probate court. If a trust, go to the trustee. If by promise, no, she was not supposed to receive money.

The question is so broad that no one could help without a lot more facts. If the amount of money is large, see an attorney who can interact with grandmother and find out enough facts to see where to look for an answer.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">