• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Help...I need advice...asap in N.Y.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

booie34

What are the rights children have on being clued in on the status of a father's estate?
Dad died in 1997 and the last time I have heard from the estate lawyer has been over a year and have never heard anything from my stepmother(who is the administrax)regarding the estate and to what point we are at in finalizing everything.
I feel as though I was never a part of anything since my Dad passed away.
Please give me some advice ....
Thanx
P.S.My stepmother has cancer and we have been made to feel any prying we do will upset the apple cart...and therefore have laid low....for too long.

ALawyer

It is certainly time for YOU to contact the estate's lawyer. Or better yet, get a lawyer to make the contact for you. You also could go to the Surrogate's Court and see where the matter stands.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">