• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Help, I'm being ripped off!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

nexpnthr

What is the name of your state? New York

My father passed away two years ago and left a sizable estate (10 million). He named his brother (my uncle) as executor. According to the will, my uncle also gains two Manhatten properties which are valued at 3 million each. My (and my sister and brothers) problem is that since my uncle is gaining a lot of the estate, he isn't too interested in what he isn't getting. He let the taxes lapse on another property (he isn't getting) and getting any information from him is like pulling teeth. He told us to stop calling the attorney because it is running up the bill but he calls the attorney 7 - 10 times a day. The kicker is that the will states that the executor can distribute and monies "as he deems fit, and in what portions he deems fit). That is the main reason that nobody wants to get on his bad side for fear of getting a dollar when all is said and done. Any advice would be appreciated.

justalayman

for this kind of money, you should have your own attorney. The estate attorney owes nothing to you. S/he works for the estate. You need one of your own to protect your interests.

Betty

Yes, most definitely, get your own attorney to help you protect your & your siblings interest in the estate. We're talking about a lot of money here.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">