• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

to help mother in law

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

N

needhelp12

my mother in law is in an assistant care home. She was told that she will have to go to a rest home because she has gotten very ill. My sister in law has power of atorney. We (my husband and I)have one of her 2 houses for the past 7 years.It is a 13 year old dbl wide trailor to which we have have added an addition and totally upgraded the home. The other house which is 7 years old and is a house not a mobile home my brother and sister in law were suppose to rent it out(my mother in law owns this one as well) until they could buy it from my mother in law for a 25000.00 mortgage to be use for her nursing home needs. We did the same(both the houses were willed to us at the time of her death; one that we are living in to us the other to them. We set up an account for my mother in law in her name and ours so the rest home will be paid. My brother and sister in law will not do this;they put the money "out of her name" the reason they give is that it is her money not the rest home(even though it is to be used to care for her)and they are also continuing to rent out the home(to their daughter) when my sister in law found out we were setting up an account she refused to use her power of attorney to sign the deed of our home(which is still in my mother in laws name)over to us unless we agreed to have our mortgage money(which belongs to my mother in law)deposted in their account. She says she will void the will and sell our home my brother in law goes along with this.We have put the mortgage on hold becase we don't want the money going to the wrong people. My mother in law is very sick she needs her money to help her. Also we don't want to lose our home but we can not go along with this plan the money must go to her. How do we go about doing this what type of attorney do we need and also is there an approximate figure of what something like this would cost will the attorney fees be over 800 dollars just a general rule of thumb would help us thankyouMy sister in law has general power of atorney

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">