• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Help with my fathers asbestos settlement

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lgmomma

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law? Pa
I recieved settlement agreement from the Asbestos lawyer and there are so things that I would like to confirm before signing it. For example its says in big bold letter that By signing this agreement I may compromise my existing and future interest in the settlement proceeds from the decedent's (my father) lawsuit. It says that I'm advised to seek my own attorney for advice. I have three other siblings and my father's wife whom have already signed this agreement appointing my father's wife as the limited power of attorney. Can someone help me?

anteater

I'm sorry, but nobody here is going to give advice about whether you should or should not sign a document. If you have doubts or do not understand the document, then you need to take the document's statement seriously:

It says that I'm advised to seek my own attorney for advice.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">