• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Help with my grandfathers pour over will and trust

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Bobdull

My grandfather died June of 2013.

After a two year legal battle between my aunt and mother over a will made weeks before his death and one made in 04. My aunts lawyers filed for summary judgement and it went uncontested as no one in my family knew about the 04 will and it was submitted for probate this past August. The 04 will was pour over will in which my sister and I each got 1/9. My questions are everything has been very quiet since than and I'm wondereding what the time table is for us to be paid. And also with my aunt being the executor and trustee and not liking us much as all is she capable of dragging her feet with paying us or is she held to some accountability of our portion of the trust? Am I entitled to any accounting of te wilL and trust? I talked to the deputy surrogate who said the will and trust was submitted in August and to write a letter to her lawyers I I wanted more info. I'm hesitant to write a letter as j don't want to look needy or desperate and also I don't know what to say.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
My grandfather died June of 2013.

After a two year legal battle between my aunt and mother over a will made weeks before his death and one made in 04. My aunts lawyers filed for summary judgement and it went uncontested as no one in my family knew about the 04 will and it was submitted for probate this past August. The 04 will was pour over will in which my sister and I each got 1/9. My questions are everything has been very quiet since than and I'm wondereding what the time table is for us to be paid. And also with my aunt being the executor and trustee and not liking us much as all is she capable of dragging her feet with paying us or is she held to some accountability of our portion of the trust? Am I entitled to any accounting of te wilL and trust? I talked to the deputy surrogate who said the will and trust was submitted in August and to write a letter to her lawyers I I wanted more info. I'm hesitant to write a letter as j don't want to look needy or desperate and also I don't know what to say.
There's no way we can know the answers to the questions you are asking about time-frames for your specific case. When you write the letter to the attorney, keep it short and sweet. Something along the lines of "I am Bobdull and I would like information regarding the status of probate of my grandfather's will."

Dandy Don

What state is applicable here?

Don't waste your time writing a letter to the trustee, as she would most likely ignore it. Better to ask your attorney to write a letter to the trustee on your behalf.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">