• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

help! need advice

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Y

yukongirl9

I am in urgent need of advice regarding signing a form for discharging the executor of a will. I am named as a beneficiary, along with two other people - one of which is the executor. The will has been in probate for 1 and 1/2 yrs. in the state of Georgia, and I recently received a document to discharge the executor, however I have no idea as to what assets are to be distributed. I am aware of some of the assets, however have never been informed of any savings, checking, etc,. accts. The will did state that the executor did not have to file inventory, or show receipts. What rights do I have, if any? Should I sign this form? I would appreciate any advice.

ALawyer

If you are a beneficiary entitled to a percentage of the estate, you should ask for details from the executor before signing, and if you do not get the details, ask the court to order an accounting.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">