• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Help please

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Lobo11

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida

I may have posted here before but this is allitle different:

I guess I'll start at begining, My Mother passed away in August 2006. She left house and the property it sits
On to me and my older brother 50/50. He cleaned out her bank account, took all her files, some which were
Mine, I am a 100% totally disabled veteran. I payed for all of mothers funeral expenses myself, payed all the
Probate costs to have house put in my and brothers name. I am single, live in house by myself, pay and have
Payed all property taxes on estate (Small house) and pay all homeowners insurance since Aug 2006. I have
Not seen or heard from my so called brother since Aug 2006. I want to leave house/property and all my
Personal belonings to a friend who lives next door to me and helps me alot. I do not want my brother to profit
Any more than he already has when I pass, I am 55 and hope I will be around for awhile more, But I guess
I want the peace of mind of knowing I have done this.

1.) She left 50% to me to go in specials needs trust fund, when she passed did that automattically happen.
As I said I have not seen or heard from brother since Mother passed. He has done nothing, transfered
nothing.
2.) Can I will my share to the one who helps me most. Do I need living trust too. Is this a tenants in common
as her will says nothing about joint tenants or right of survivership. My share was supposed to be in special
needs trust, can I tranfer my share with will and simple living trust, thank you.
3. Deed is in my brothers name and Trust for me 50/50.
4. Can I transfer my half of house/ property with living trust to the trust on deed (as nothing has been trans-
fered to it yet).
5. I can not afford a lawyer, can I use legal zoom.

I know this is alot, thanks in advance.
:confused:

anteater

Lobo - Not being unsympathetic, but you have a complicated situation and you received excellent responses in your last thread. This is not going to be a do-it-yourself project.

Have you tried North Florida Legal Aid, as garrula lingua suggested?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">