• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Help with property

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

NeedHelpInPA

What is the name of your state? PA

My mother passed away last year and left her house and ground to me and my nephew. I want to sell but he does not. I agreed to sell my half to him, however he has been unsuccessful in obtaining a loan due to lack of credit.

As I said it has been almost a year, and I want to sell, because I really need the money. I am planning on filing for a partition to have the courts sell the property, however is there anything I could tell my nephew that would convince him to let me just call a realtor and put the property on the market?

I have heard that Partition can cost a lot of money - however neither of us are planning on using lawyers, but I would like to know how long the process usually takes, and how much it usualy costs.

Also how is the cost of the partition payed for? is it payed from the overall sale of the property? or is it paid by the losing parties share of the sale of the property.

Please Help

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">