• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Help with a vague will...what can i do?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

Tazo

My mother passed away about two months ago and she did leave a will but it was much older than i thought it would be. She had told me she was reworking her will last september and the will the lawyer (country man..don't know how good he even is) gave us and set in action is from december of 98. She had an estate that included a large sum of money and two properties.
The will indicates that she wanted to leave everything in trust for my two minor sisters until they were both 21, and that they would recive $500.00 a month each until that time. The will states that a local bank is the trustee and they can use the estate as they see fit for the benifit of my sisters.
To them this means selling both properties, one of them is our family home where i now live and we all grew up. None of my siblings older or younger wants to see this place sold. I have been given then impression that we have no choice.

My questions are:
Do I have to contest the will to stop the sale of this house?
What will happen if I do? Will I be forced to vacate until the matter is solved?
What rights doe's the bank have?
Can we out vote them?
I'm sorry if this is not very well put but I really need help!
Thank you
Tazo, Oregon

ALawyer

I suggest that the family get its own lawyer to review the will and advise them. Lawyers on AttorneyPages.com often give free consultations. It sure sounds as if the will is not that vague and your mother wanted everything to go to the 2 youngest. Holding a house is not what trustees do.

------------------
This is intended as general information only and NOT LEGAL ADVICE. You are not my client, and I have no obligation of any kind to you. To retain a lawyer, go to http://AttorneyPages.com

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">