• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

holligraphic Will

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

snowbaby99

What is the name of your state? New Jersey
I was wondering if you could give me an answer on something, My Mother In Law passed away a year and a half ago, and there was no will, from her nor my Father In Law, which has also passed away.. My one sister in law has been living in her parents house, thus so far to date. We were wondering, What is the process we have to go through, to find our legal rights, regarding a Holligraphic Will. Is it a legal document, and or do we have to go to Probate. She has also NOT allowed anyone in the house since her death.
Hope you can help!What is the name of your state?

snowbaby99

Well, from what we understand, My Sister In law, has one.. Apparently, she said that her mother ,(my Mother In Law) signed a paper leaving the house to sister in law.. We knew nothing about this, as it's not something she would do, but the sister in law, can't find it.. We were told that is a Holligraphic Will.. A letter written and signed by the deceased. If one exist, is it a legal and binding document? therewas also something else that someone told us, that if there was no will, and a family member is living in te house, for 2 years, that it would be there legally?? is that a true fact.
thank you

snowbaby99

Hi, I was hoping that i would have gotten a reply, to my situation.. But i really didn't get an answer.. Can anyone tell me if there is a such thing called a Holographic Will? and if so is it a legal document? and can we fight it?
Thank you

BelizeBreeze

Well, from what we understand, My Sister In law, has one.. Apparently, she said that her mother ,(my Mother In Law) signed a paper leaving the house to sister in law.. We knew nothing about this, as it's not something she would do, but the sister in law, can't find it..
Yes, there is something called a Holographic Will. And no, if sis in law can't find it it doesn't exist.
We were told that is a Holligraphic Will..
what idiot told you this?
A letter written and signed by the deceased.
No, that is a letter.
If one exist, is it a legal and binding document?
A letter is not a legal and binding document.
therewas also something else that someone told us, that if there was no will, and a family member is living in te house, for 2 years, that it would be there legally?? is that a true fact.
thank you
You are surrounded by idiots. The fact is, if there is no will someone needs to get off their fat ass and file Probate INTESTATE (no will).

snowbaby99

Well, thank you for responding...I found out that my other sister in law is going to see a probator tomorrow, to find out what there rights are in regarding the house. Both Parents are gone (past on) and NO will was left from either one of them, and the other sister in law is giving a hard time, and feels that SHE deserve's the house etc. And there are 2 other sisters and a brother, and they need to know there rights, on what to do with the house, being the other sister won't do anything, nor will she let anyone in the house.. but thank you for letting me know that the so called Holographic Will is not legal, and we all feel that there is no such thing.. It's just that it was said that her mother, wrote a letter leaving the house to her and signed by my mother in law, and the other 2 sister's and brother don't believe it, b/c we all think she would have thrown it in there face's...
thank you
New Jersey

BelizeBreeze

Well, thank you for responding...I found out that my other sister in law is going to see a probator tomorrow, to find out what there rights are in regarding the house. Both Parents are gone (past on) and NO will was left from either one of them, and the other sister in law is giving a hard time, and feels that SHE deserve's the house etc. And there are 2 other sisters and a brother, and they need to know there rights, on what to do with the house, being the other sister won't do anything, nor will she let anyone in the house.. but thank you for letting me know that the so called Holographic Will is not legal, and we all feel that there is no such thing.. It's just that it was said that her mother, wrote a letter leaving the house to her and signed by my mother in law, and the other 2 sister's and brother don't believe it, b/c we all think she would have thrown it in there face's...
thank you
New Jersey
What is a Probator? Is that like a woman who walks the streets at night with fishnet stockings?

It's called a probate attorney. And speak to him/her about filing INTESTATE.

Dandy Don

That document she has probably is not worth anything--she is obviously stalling to get more time to live in the residence. If she won't file to open up probate, you need to hire an attorney to get probate opened up so judge can ask her to produce the document for court.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">