• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

holographic will/codicil for FL

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

amgonnalive

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
for florida-
i would like to know if i can make a holgraphic codicil to my revocable trust done in 2004, to exclude an adopted out daughter given up at birth should i die, i do not want her to come calling looking for any money. I have a son who is to get all i have.

can i make a holograpic codicil to do this so i dont have to go out and spend more money on a another piece of paper? thanks
she is 35 yrs old by the way and lives in another state, NY, i do not have any contact with her. Would she have any rights to seek a claim in the event of my death? i forgot in 2004 to leave her name out when i made up the trust.

thanks in advance

Dandy Don

Did at attorney review your trust the first time you had it drawn up? Spend a few dollars with a trust attorney now so that your son won't be wasting money on attorney fees when your daughter decides to contest the trust because she doesn't feel you intended to leave her out. You will also want to state in the trust a specific reason why you are disinheriting her.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">