• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

home deed transfer issue

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

bratley two

how can I add my name to deed of mothers house, she's alive & I receive home after her death, there's a mortgage and I would like to add my name to deed, is it possible? Where to go to do it, lawyer or city where deed is?

------------------

C

CitrusSunshine

You did not advise what state the property is in - normally all one needs is to go to an office supply business and get a deed form. You follow the instructions - use the original copy of the deed for the legal description - when it comes to who owns the property you put your mother's name and your name or whomever and add "joint owners with right of survivorship" have your mother sign the deed and record this deed in the county where the property is located. IMPORTANT - it is imperative that your mother is of sound mind and body when executing this deed.

C

CitrusSunshine

I neglected to tell you you can simply go to an attorney or go to a title company and they will fill out the form for a fee.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">