• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is house included in estate?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

revrora

If my father(A Widower) bought his house 10 years after an existing will that was made when he was only renting it. Is this still to be split 4 ways as the will originally states for all his possessions or does it go to the next of kin.
Only his name on the deeds?

Thanks in advance for any help with this.What is the name of your state?

If my father(A Widower) bought his house 10 years after an existing will that was made when he was only renting it. Is this still to be split 4 ways as the will originally states for all his possessions or does it go to the next of kin.
Only his name on the deeds?

Thanks in advance for any help with this.What is the name of your state?
Given the information presented, the will controls.

nextwife

How is the property titled?

If there is a will, assets that are subject to probate are controlled by the will (presumably he did not either acquire a wife or another child subsequent to the will?). Whether the house would be subject to probate or not depends upon your answer to the first question.

Last edited:

revrora

Thanks for the reply. That's what I thought.
He didn't marry again or acquire another child (To my Knowledge) and the house has only his name on the title deeds.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">