• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

House title and deed

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

sparklem50

What is the name of your state? california
my daughter has aquired a house after her father died. the will stated she would inherit it,insurance has paid the morgage balance. executor now says he has the papers(deed/title)for her but refuses to send them. does executor have rights to these documents in the first place and what can she do, she lives 200 miles from her inherited house? And can she put the house in another persons name, such as me,her mother? and how do we proceed to accomplish securing the house, title/deed etc.i should also say the house currently is in her deceased fathers name, and he appointed a non relative to live in the house for life, pay taxes and homeowners insurance, if this not fulfilled, this person then defaults and has to move.in your estimation, is this a good thing or bad?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

sparklem50 said:
What is the name of your state? california
my daughter has aquired a house after her father died. the will stated she would inherit it,insurance has paid the morgage balance. executor now says he has the papers(deed/title)for her but refuses to send them. does executor have rights to these documents in the first place and what can she do, she lives 200 miles from her inherited house? And can she put the house in another persons name, such as me,her mother? and how do we proceed to accomplish securing the house, title/deed etc.i should also say the house currently is in her deceased fathers name, and he appointed a non relative to live in the house for life, pay taxes and homeowners insurance, if this not fulfilled, this person then defaults and has to move.in your estimation, is this a good thing or bad?

My response:

Your post started off good, and then it's like you got tired or something, and it went to hell in a handbasket.

Try reading your own post, and making the necessary grammar corrections.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">