• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

House Title in Trust Name

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

rt909

State: Virginia
We are buying a house in fairfax county, VA. Initially I wanted to have the House title on my name. But is it possible to have the House title in trust name. If yes, How do I setup the trust and what type of trust? Is it possible to setup all this at settlement time? Thanks.

rt

L

loku

Putting a house in trust

You can have the title to the house in a trust. IT is best to set this up before settlement. For one thing, you will want to arrange the details with the loan provider, for another, it is best to draw up the trust document before putting the property into the trust.

How you set it up and what type of trust it is depends on why you want a trust. I suggest you read all our material on trusts before you do anything else. It will help you decide if you want the trust and what kind you want. The material is at https://law.freeadvice.com/estate_planning/trusts/,

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">