• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How can I get a copy of my father's will?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

BradTx74

I live in Texas, and my brother is the executor of my father's will. My father passed four months ago and my brother has not allowed anyone to read the will or know anythign about it. We want to view a copy of the will, for our information and to know that he is carrying out my father's wishes as my father wanted.

puppydogeyessc

SC but my father dies in AL

I too would like to see soem advice on this one. I am also trying to get a copy of my fathers will from my EX step mom.

BelizeBreeze

BradTx74 said:
I live in Texas, and my brother is the executor of my father's will. My father passed four months ago and my brother has not allowed anyone to read the will or know anythign about it. We want to view a copy of the will, for our information and to know that he is carrying out my father's wishes as my father wanted.
Then you will have to wait until probate is opened and at that point you can get a copy of the file from the Probate Court Clerk.

And puppydogeyessc, STOP hijacking other's thread. If you have a question post your own thread.

ttammy54

Hope this helps

Hi soory to hear about your losses. If the will is legal you should be able to go to the court house and have a copy made. Or to the attorney that filed the will. It might just cost a couple of bucks.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">