• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

how can i get a copy of my fathers' will?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dixiedee

i live in texas. my father moved to maryville tn last year and died this past april. i spent alot of time with him when he still lived here in texas and i know he had a will and that i was in it. i also knew that when he moved to tn with my half brother he made chuck the executer of the will. since my dad died i have kept in contact with chuck thru emails and phone calls but he never replies. i have contacted the lawyers in maryville looking for the will but no result. so how can i find out who has the will? i called the court house and they dont have it yet. im not being greedy just going by what my dad told me. thank.

justalayman

has anybody filed probate for his estate yet?

If not, you can and this would require anybody with a will to produce it for the courts.

If somebody has already filed probate, that is where the will should be. If it isn;t, contact the attorney that represents the estate (if there is one) and ask them where the will is. If a person chooses to not provide a will they are hiding, it becomes a bit of work to force them to provide it. You would have to convince the courts there is actually a will and they have it after which time the courts would order it turned over.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">